- Do not dislodge any packing material, but you should contact our office it it falls out or becomes dislodged.
- Minimize swelling by applying a cold compress or ice to the cheeks.
- Minimize bleeding by placing gauze on the site and applying pressure for a half hour.
- Keep hydrated and avoid malnourishment by eating soft food on the day of your visit, then resume a normal diet when possible. Do not consume extremely hot liquids and avoid crunchy snacks that may damage the site.
- Avoid strenuous activity.
- Follow all directions when taking over-the-counter or prescription pain medication, including safety concerns regarding machinery or driving.
- Brush your teeth and keep your mouth as clean as possible after each meal. If directed by Dr. Jiries Mogannam or Dr. Vicente Chavez, use a salt water rinse to help maintain oral hygiene.
As with any procedure, be aware of your body. If you experience any unusual or aggressive symptoms, call Petaluma Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center at 707-769-1414 or meet with our dentists in Petaluma, California.