- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, in the eight hours before your visit. Do not smoke for 12 hours before your appointment.
- Check with our dentists about any medications you take regularly.
- If you have any symptoms of a sore throat, cold, upset stomach or intestinal issues, please let Dr. Jiries Mogannam or Dr. Vicente Chavez know.
- Have someone accompany you, wait in the office and drive you home after your surgery. You should not operate machinery, including driving a car, for at least a full 24 hours.
- Keep clothing loose and comfortable, with practical footwear and short or rolled-up sleeves. Do not wear contact lenses, jewelry, dentures, lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish to your surgery.
To learn more about instructions for your oral surgery in Petaluma, California, or about intravenous anesthesia sedation, call Petaluma Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center at 707-769-1414.